Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Recently fell victim to vandalism on the Commander. Possibly a Central Chippewa during the tailgate for Central / Western weekend since my plate represents the Broncos...

Since there's a safety pin engaged when the wiper is not electronically activated, the perpetrator pulled back on the rear wiper, breaking this and then ripping of the blade as well. The mechanism still seems to lock in place when not operated, but does not have the compression to the window as a new one.

I haven't done much shopping around, but I think I may only need a blade replacement at this point to get me through the winter...

Don't feel like getting robbed worses than a dark alley trip by the Dealership, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks all,
Pat :ugh2:

·
Registered
158 Posts
The only aftermarket blade that fits the Commander is from Trico. It's part number is 14C, get ready they are expensive, around $17. The cheapest price I have found is at Rockauto.com, for $7.99.

Trico probably makes the factory blade, for Chrysler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced the blade. If you can't find the exact blade (as I couldn't) you can get a 14" or larger blade and you can cut the rubber blade down to exact size and use the metal inserts from the factory blade. Could save you a few bucks. Once it is apart it makes sense.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just replaced the blade. If you can't find the exact blade (as I couldn't) you can get a 14" or larger blade and you can cut the rubber blade down to exact size and use the metal inserts from the factory blade. Could save you a few bucks. Once it is apart it makes sense.
The OEM blade is made by Trico, The part number is 14C, and I was able to buuy it at Advanced Auto for $10.99. Advance Auto seeems to be the cheapest for this blade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts