Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just noticed that the resting poition of the rear wiper remains in constant contact with the the paint. how stupid!! its the little details like this that piss me off. now don't get me wrong, i live within 30 minutes of most of the assembly lines here in metro detroit and understand deeply how much our livelihood depends on these automakers but its this poor attention to detail that makes me wonder "what the hell are they thinking?"

sorry just needed to get that off my chest

does anybody make a plastic guard or cover that would stick to the lift-gate for the blade to rest on?

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
just noticed that the resting poition of the rear wiper remains in constant contact with the the paint. how stupid!! its the little details like this that piss me off. now don't get me wrong, i live within 30 minutes of most of the assembly lines here in metro detroit and understand deeply how much our livelihood depends on these automakers but its this poor attention to detail that makes me wonder "what the hell are they thinking?"

sorry just needed to get that off my chest

does anybody make a plastic guard or cover that would stick to the lift-gate for the blade to rest on?

Yeah, I wondered about that also. It does seem like a bad idea and I don't think I've seen any other rear wiper that rests on the paint like that. They are either held off the paint by a bracket or they sit against the glass.

I haven't heard of any type of guard, but I'm wondering if one of those clear plastic adhesive pieces would be a good idea. Know what I mean? Like the stuff that the clear headlight lense protectors are made of?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I installed chip gaurd strips were the wiper blade touches the paint.
I,m no genious on this one----my 96 Blazer has it from the factory.

Rob

P.S.
Also installed it on the front faces of the rear wheel mouldings below the first body line and above the rocker cover. Even with the factory mudgaurds the paint was getting chipped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts