Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a simple thing for Jeep to have done. My XK will auto on/off the front wipers, headlights, high beams, tells me when I'm going to back into something (I can even watch it happen on the back-up cam), puts my seat/pedals in the right position for my wife and I based on our keys, I'm pretty damn sure it would wipe my a$$ if I knew how to set it up but why won't it turn the stupid rear wiper on/off, increase/decrease wipe speed with the front wipers!!!

Its annoying as hell to have to do this one function manually and everything else is done for me except steer, brake and give it throttle.

Rant over:mofo:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I give you a 5/10
only because you used $ instead of an S
I guess you dont have the ball$, huh ? LOL !! :stickpoke:
:rofl: well i try to keep it "family friendly". 5/10 is respectable, I'll take it:SM127:

Heck, I've been married too long I guess, what are balls:ugh2:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smitty, I finally figured out where Palmyra is, I saw the sign along I-64 coming back from Richmond the other day. I didn't have time for a detour but I plan on checking your "little slice of heaven" out someday when I have more time to kill. Your not far from Lynchburg correct?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
That exit on 64 was Rt 15. Im about 15 min from the interstate. I havent been to Lynchburg in some time but I think C'ville is about 50 min from there and Im another 20 min from C'ville. Let me know if you get up toward C'ville, we can hook up for dinner.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That exit on 64 was Rt 15. Im about 15 min from the interstate. I havent been to Lynchburg in some time but I think C'ville is about 50 min from there and Im another 20 min from C'ville. Let me know if you get up toward C'ville, we can hook up for dinner.
That I will do!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Seems like a simple thing for Jeep to have done. My XK will auto on/off the front wipers, headlights, high beams, tells me when I'm going to back into something (I can even watch it happen on the back-up cam), puts my seat/pedals in the right position for my wife and I based on our keys, I'm pretty damn sure it would wipe my a$$ if I knew how to set it up but why won't it turn the stupid rear wiper on/off, increase/decrease wipe speed with the front wipers!!!

Its annoying as hell to have to do this one function manually and everything else is done for me except steer, brake and give it throttle.

Rant over:mofo:
Back on track

I only use my rear wipers occasionally and woud not want them automatic, but I only worry about rain here in the Sunshine State

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back on track

I only use my rear wipers occasionally and woud not want them automatic, but I only worry about rain here in the Sunshine State
The only time i would prefer mine to not be "auto" is if I had snow/ice on the back window, that stuff is a little hard on the motor and the blade. The rest of the time i would rather not have to think about wiping the spray off the rear glass so I can use the rear view.

·
Registered
809 Posts
The auto function will work on the rear wiper only if the XK senses its traveling in reverse over 25 mph.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
The auto function will work on the rear wiper only if the XK senses its traveling in reverse over 25 mph.
My manual says 20 mph. Maybe they changed it. What year is yours ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts