Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of an '06 Commander here. I have a green light flashing on the rearview mirror right next to the "Auto" button. What is this and how do I make it stop flashing? It is really annoying at night.

Sorry if this has been addressed already. I tried the search without any luck.

Thanks for the help.

Nick

·
Registered
389 Posts
That AUTO button controls the dimming mirrors to help remove the annoyance of bright lights shining in your face, especially at night. When the green light is on, the system should be active... hit the button, and it should go off. It is possible to see the mirror slowly "morph" (how I would describe it) between modes as the colors of the reflection will change. But back to the light... flashing is perhaps a problem? I'd test the system yourself with a bright light and pressing the button on/off to see if anything happens.

I would imagine the manual should say. Hopefully this points you in the right direction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

The mirror definitely does tint at night. The "on" & "off" buttons do work as well. But for some reason the light blinks non stop. Even with the engine off and the key removed.

The manual only talks about the UConnect buttons but I cannot find any reference to the auto tint feature.]

I'll take another look at the manual.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so after a little more research it looks like the flashing green light means that the auto high beam sensor is out of adjustment. Looks like a trip to the dealer to be re-aligned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts