Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Taking a half-step back from the debadged look and mounted my latest one-of-a-kind mod, thanks to eBay's random "Recommendations for You." I really like the juxtaposition of the modern sans-serif "Jeep" and the more ornate "Commander." Let's see if there's an old fogey out there that recognizes the emblem from it's original home!

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
Is this what you are referring to. and who are you calling an old fogey.....

Click here: Welcome to Commander Premier!

http://www.commander.org/

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Taking a half-step back from the debadged look and mounted my latest one-of-a-kind mod, thanks to eBay's random "Recommendations for You." I really like the juxtaposition of the modern sans-serif "Jeep" and the more ornate "Commander." Let's see if there's an old fogey out there that recognizes the emblem from it's original home!

(Man, looks like it's time to wash the truck too! And clean the garage.)
I hate to disappoint you kansas but I have seen those for sale on ebay by the same seller for at least the last 2 years (maybe longer). He sells one and then another will be up for sale after awhile. I'm thinking they are reproductions. And I'm not even sure if there was an earlier Jeep named the Commander--at least I can't find a record of it. However, there was a model called the Commando. I do like the badge though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Is this what you are referring to. and who are you calling an old fogey.....

Click here: Welcome to Commander Premier!

http://www.commander.org/

Good guess, but no aviation relation. It's automotive, but not Jeep. Want to go double or nothing?

I guess things from eBay could always be reproductions, but it looks aged and the price was right regardless. Might be nice to pick up another one later too, for some fancy floormat badging or something.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Let's see if there's an old fogey out there that recognizes the emblem from it's original home!
It's from a Ford model 6000 Commander farm tractor. They were built from 1961 -1964.

Ford Commander 6000 Diesel

Original Photo Ad: 1965 model, only 1200 hrs, new
tires,muffler,belts, hoses, paint, and decals. Fully
serviced, ready to work or show. Includes original
owners manual and dealer service manual. Select-o-
Speed, 3pt, XXX-XXXX pto, power steering. Lights,
gauges and tach all working. Exc. running low hour
70 hp diesel. $5800 Delivery available

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I say it is Studabaker is it?

Utube search (1955 studabaker commander0 video shows on side view

but i like it looks nice, how much for the emblem?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I think you are right. It is from a Studebaker Commander. But your link goes to a pic of a Studebaker Champion. Here is a Studebaker Commander emblem that I just found on ebay (there are several available). It is slightly different in the way the "o" connects to the 'M' at the bottom instead of the top like kansas' does. Ad says it is a reproduction. Oh yeah...$65.00 :eyemouth:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Studebaker it is! Under the impression that it came off the real deal- got it pretty cheap since it's not the proper pair. I always like mixing new and old, though, and just couldn't resist a little heritage on the XK.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts