Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my screen when black and now only the presets and volume work. Debating on upgrading to Mygig, but I'm not sure if I like having a sirius and uconnect module just hanging out not doing anything. I'll also have a GPS and SAT antenna no longer being used too. The VES will also have to become a stand alone unit and loose its integration into the Nav unit. Oh, and the uconnect mic in my mirror becomes useless too.

For those of you that have gone the mygig route, would you do it again or go back to the REC?

I know I'll need a lockpick, GPS and SAT antennas, FM antenna adapter, Uconnect mic, and bezel to go Mygig.

I do like all of the features the mygig and lockpick offer though, just struggling with the issues above. Maybe I'm just worried about resale value. I don't know.

So I'm undecided. What are your guys thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No comments after 100+ views? Well I decided on a RER, judging from what I read most people are happier with the RER unit. I plan on installing an A/V switch to allow the VES to be a stand alone unit and allow sound integration through the RER. I'll post an update once installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got everything installed, but I'm having the same issue as D-niceCommander
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14168

Basically everything works fine once I start the Jeep. Then it could be as soon as five minutes or as much as three hours and I lose all sound in the left speakers and the sound coming out of the right speakers is at a very low level(similar the volume level 8). Once this happens my volume knob on the HU and on the steering wheel controls stops working and the volume level will not display on the HU when trying to adjust the volume.

I have been in contact with coastaletech support and they advised me to send in the lockpick adapter for a replacement, so we'll see what happens.

On a positive note I was able to figure out how to make the RER work with the factory uconnect mirror mic by making my own wiring harness. The factory mic works much better than the coastaletech one. I couldn't make the uconnect buttons on the mirror work with the RER though. Let me know if you're interested on how to make the harness. I might make a "how to" on it with pics if I find time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts