Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience a Nav unit that has a compass not pointing North and the map does not move with the car pointer on the map. It seems to post a position every two minutes as you are driving. I checked and while driving, GPS stats show 8 sats connected and the latitude and longitude are constantly moving while driving. All started just after putting the lift and bigger tires on. Any ideas??? I did remove the DVD and reloaded it but it did not help.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You might want to make sure that the rear roof rack is on the second to last, and not the last, notch. It blocks the antenna. Caution: I'm not sure it's the GPS or the Sirius antenna, though. (The opposite one is behind the rear view mirror)

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeep5253 said:
The one on the rear is the Sirius antenna.
I dont have factory crossbars any longer. I have a Defender Roof Rack that is clear of the sat antenna on the roof. Sirrus Radio works perfect with no issues. Also, the Nav unit GPS settings shows it is picking up 8 sats and gives coordinates and elevation with no issue.

Any other ideas/thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jeep5253 said:
I think I remember in the NAV menu seeing where you can make changes to the compass--something about whether you want it to point north as in the direction the vehicle is heading or north on the map.
Right, you can change the compass in the menu or via the button right on the face plate...not it though.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it is very strange. Compass on dash display shows correct but NAV is opposite. (if I am heading North, dash compass is correct but NAV shows North as South) System is locking in on 8 sats and working that way but map and direction are screwed up. So off to service appointment tomorrow for them to figure out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The naviagtion manual talks to "zeroing" in the nav system. I haven't done it but did see it. Something about enabling the "zero" and then driving in a circle several times. Check the nav manual....

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the service department played with the NAV, say it was goofed up and then put in an order for a new unit. Then Chrystler Engineers said to try a new AE version disk (I had version AD). The system reprogrammed itself and started working perfectly again. I got a free NAV software upgrade out of the deal. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts