Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

The REC navigation started going out after a few minutes in our 06 XK. The radio and changer are still fully functional, but the screen and half the radio controls go out after a few minutes (unless it's raining and then it stays on -- don't ask me). It has the upgraded 2014 NAV disc in the NAV slot that's worth over $100 on eBay. My dumbass didn't take it out before removing the radio and it's not worth the hassle of taking the dash apart, new headunit out just to get the disc out.

It's in excellent condition. No wear on any buttons and the screen is free of any scratches. I can post pics if needed.

No idea if this thing has value outside of the NAV disc, but wanted to post it here if someone had a need and could fix it before posting on eBay. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Body Ground

If you notice a difference when it rains then it may be the body grounds, batt, to body, body to motor, nav. unit to body, and ground splices.

Swanny

·
Registered
309 Posts
It could also be the night and day light option tied to the wiper operation. If the screen goes into 'night' mode, it will seem like the screen goes blank.
Under rain, the interior light system comes 'on' and lights the screen.

There is an option to check and make sure the lighting system just stays in 'on' to keep the screen visible.

Could be the problem... would be super easy if that was it!!!!

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.