Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just called because my rear drivers side door window will not roll down without me putting my hand on it.

the guy in the service department said they just issued a recall on it. so all of you out there better call your local dealer for the recall.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Mine is going in Monday for the brakes so I will ask about this.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Mine did not show up on the list and is currently at the dealer for the brakes.

·
Registered
452 Posts
4.7commander said:
i just called because my rear drivers side door window will not roll down without me putting my hand on it.

the guy in the service department said they just issued a recall on it. so all of you out there better call your local dealer for the recall.
It's likely more of a TSB, than a recall. Recalls are generally issue when there's a safety risk involved.

I've had the ghostly window on both my front doors. They've been already replaced, and have had no repeats of it coming back yet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine went in for service and i told them the windows sometime went up slower than other times. they replaced the regulators with no other questions asked. They know whats going on, they just dont want to do it unless you complain about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had trouble with my right passenger window. It kept going up and down. So they put a new regulator on and now it goes up really slow!!! Now my driver window is doing the same. :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
My regulators are being replaced in the morning. They had too order the parts.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
jeep_girl24 said:
I had trouble with my right passenger window. It kept going up and down. So they put a new regulator on and now it goes up really slow!!! Now my driver window is doing the same. :mad:
If it goes up slow, the glass is either slightly off location or binding on the rubber channel it glides on. You can try recalibrating the door modules by raising both front windows and holding the buttons for about another five seconds after they are closed, then hit the auto down button on both. It would work better if you disconnect the battery to clear the door module settings. You should take it back to the dealer so they can fix the slow glass as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its not that they are slow, they go halfway and stop or go back down. You have to play aound with the up button by holding it down and letting go to actually make it go all the way up. Just like it did before they replaced the modules. I am thinking modules again??

·
Registered
269 Posts
One mine the two regulators were replaced and no problem since then.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
BBcommander said:
Its not that they are slow, they go halfway and stop or go back down. You have to play aound with the up button by holding it down and letting go to actually make it go all the way up. Just like it did before they replaced the modules. I am thinking modules again??
Have you had the battery unhooked since the replacement? If so, they need recalibrated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
To reset the express-up module for the door window glass in question:

A. First, disable (de-normalize) the express-up feature: Drive the glass into the full-up
position by pulling up on the window switch to its first detent (manual mode) and
holding switch until the glass is fully closed.

B. Drive the glass to the full-down position by pushing down on (depress) the window
switch until the window glass is fully open. Do not release the window switch.
Continue to hold the window switch down for 30 seconds after the window glass is
fully open. (Ensure door module is de-normalized by pulling up on the window
switch to the second detent (express mode) and verifying the window does
not go into the express up mode. If the window goes into express mode,
repeat step b. If the window does not go into express mode proceed to next
step.)

C. Reset (normalize) the express-up module for the door window glass in question:
Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its first
detent (manual mode) and holding up on the switch for at least one (1) full second
after the window glass has fully closed.

See: TSB 23-032-07

1 - 20 of 21 Posts