Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Here's my introduction and story about why and how I bought my Jeep Commander...

I used to own a 2000 Jeep GC which I bought with an engine knock. This was purchased specifically as my first project. It turned out to be a spun bearing and the knocking was the excess space in the journal bearing allowing the piston to make contact with the head. That Jeep may have only lasted a few years until a string of engine codes finally forced me to sell but it was definitely my favorite vehicle I've owned.

Fast forward a few years and I have a student who blew motor on his commander and was going to sell to a junk yard. I offered $10 more than the yard and purchased my new project Commander :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hey,

Here's my introduction and story about why and how I bought my Jeep Commander...

I used to own a 2000 Jeep GC which I bought with an engine knock. This was purchased specifically as my first project. It turned out to be a spun bearing and the knocking was the excess space in the journal bearing allowing the piston to make contact with the head. That Jeep may have only lasted a few years until a string of engine codes finally forced me to sell but it was definitely my favorite vehicle I've owned.

Fast forward a few years and I have a student who blew motor on his commander and was going to sell to a junk yard. I offered $10 more than the yard and purchased my new project Commander :grin2:
Welcome to the forum; Good luck with your project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts