Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2006 Commander with the 4.7. So far I love it!! I noticed and brought it to the attention of the salesman that it looks like the pinion seal was leaking. I purchased a 3 year, 38,000 mile power train warranty and the rear is included in the warranty. He said he would ask the service dept and get back to me. It may have been they replaced the seal and that was leakage from a recent replacement. I'll keep an eye on it to be sure. I had the 4.7 in a Dakota and loved it!! I had 144,000 on my 2001 Dakota until someone pulled out in front of me. That truck had the 45RFE auto trans and this one has the 545RFE auto trans which has the 5th gear. From what I read this trans was the best trans Chrysler offered in years. I guess we shall see since this Commander has 86,000 miles. Any info or things to keep an eye out for would be great. I'm a hands-on guy and can do most work myself. Thank you!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congratulations on your jeep man, welcome to the gang. Hope she meets your expectation.

Share some pics when you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts