Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Commander with the headunit that has no aux in. I would like to just replace it rather than pay for the ipod kit. Could anyone recommend a reasonable replacement?

It has 6 disc changer and sirius that I would like to maintain that option and possibly add bluetooth.
Thanks for any input

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just asked about this on Friday at my dealership. The guy told me that only the base model radio has the external aux input on it. Not too sure if this is correct or not, but he was looking in a parts book the exact same time.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just asked about this on Friday at my dealership. The guy told me that only the base model radio has the external aux input on it. Not too sure if this is correct or not, but he was looking in a parts book the exact same time.....
From what I have read it requires this part -
http://www.justforjeeps.com/moipinkitdco.html
I found it for less than that closer to 150, but it seems like more of a hack as it works by disabling the sirius input. It is a direct wire connection so at least it should be reliable compared to an FM tuner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been looking for an aftermarket too - one with Sirius and compatible with the steering wheel controls. Can't seem to find anything I like. :grim:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just got a Commander on Friday.

I've got the 6 disc changer with Sirius. What I don't like about it is that the aftermarket Sirius Sportser I had in my old Grand Cherokee would store up to 45 minutes of a broadcast - allowing me to listen to a football game (or grateful dead show) and stop off on a long trip to eat or get gas and pause the audio and then resume the broadcast when I was ready (like a TIVO for cars). It also stored my 40 favorite artissts and sounded an alert whenever any of them where playing on Sirius's network.

The stock radio doesn't do that, and I'd love to find an aftermarket replacement that does (which fits in the space, and also has the aux jack)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts