Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to put my commander into some real use and I have to say that I am very impressed with this truck! Even with it being stock! We managed to only blow out one tire and break that worthless plastic skid plate underneath. The tire sucked because it had to be changed on top of the narrow mountain road with about a 300ft drop on the drivers side. One of the roads had even been closed off to the rental jeeps (wranglers). We made it up just fine and also ran into some hunters on fourwheelers. They couldn't believe we made it up that trail! Ok for now what type of skid plate kits do you guys recommend?

Oh yeah. My friends quit calling it a Liberty

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Nice pics!

The only skids available for the Commander are the Mopar skids for the gas tank, transfer case and front suspension and also 4xGuard makes the Belly Guard which protects the transmission pan and catalytic converters and I recommend you getting all of them if you plan on off roading.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Great pictures, I love the "Rocks" sign.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice pics!

The only skids available for the Commander are the Mopar skids for the gas tank, transfer case and front suspension and also 4xGuard makes the Belly Guard which protects the transmission pan and catalytic converters and I recommend you getting all of them if you plan on off roading.
Thanks Jeep! I am gonna go ahead and invest in them.

49fan.. we noticed more that one of those signs so i dont think it would have been a prank. Still funny never the less

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Nice pics. Defintely like the rocks sign. Definitely recommend skids. The only thing about the transfercase skid is that you have to also install the gas tank skid. In order to install the gas tank skid, you have to drop the gas tank. I haven't done those two yet, but it is on my list.

·
Registered
233 Posts
great pictures.. thank you for sharing ^^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts