Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get your opinion on the idea of regional threads, please keep comments here on that topic (we can discuss other potential threads elsewere). I looked at a couple other forums and will start with the following suggestion and open it for your comments and recommendations. Once the discussion has gone it's course I will forward to the admins for consideration.

NORTHEAST: CT, DE, ME, MA, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT, PA?
MID-ATLANTIC: DC, MD, NC, PA, VA, WV, DE?, PA?, DE?
GREAT LAKES: IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI
SOUTHEAST: AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, SC, TN, NC?
GREAT PLAINS: KS, NE, ND, OK, SD, MO?, AR?
SOUTHWEST: AZ, CO, NM, NV, UT, CA, TX
NORTHWEST: AK, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY
HAWAII: HI
INTERNATIONAL: Canada, Austrailla, Germany, France, Saudi, England, Etc.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
.......and England???? :D :D :D :eek:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
FWIW-Should AK and HI be international since we have 2 in Hi, 2 in Ak, 2 or 3 in Canada..along with Saudi, France, Austrailia, etc....?

I like this if it is for clubs and events, not general conversations...........But I think there are too many divisions. The clubs will provide thier own area limitiations. 4 plus international. use I70 or 40 N & S, then Mississippi E & W ...for my $3.92
We dont have enough active members to warrant more divisions at this time........

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UK Commander said:
There may be enough overseas to break that into a smaller group as well, just let me know what you think will work best.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
UK Commander said:
Well, England, hmm, i think should go in the who cares....:eek: ....no not really...the international thread.......how many members are there in the UK....Would a UK division make sense??

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is my understanding from those that want these sections that the primary purpose would be for trailrides, campouts, etc. All other topics would remain where they are regardless of where the poster is physically located.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not to be a jerk but I think PA is N.E. and DE is midatlantic. DE is usually left out of lists so we're a little sensitive. :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sounds great to me!!! Also, I think PA should stay where it is, but thats because I am down in SE PA...

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
BigPoppaJNutZ said:
Sounds great to me!!! Also, I think PA should stay where it is, but thats because I am down in SE PA...
There was some talk by the western region to move PA over by Washington...so keep an eye out for them......:eek:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
It is my understanding from those that want these sections that the primary purpose would be for trailrides, campouts, etc. All other topics would remain where they are regardless of where the poster is physically located.
Quit asking for input.....you know we are going to argue with you about it!! You know, we are like children.....you ask, we answer....even if it is wrong.Especially if it is wrong!:D

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
cico7 said:
FWIW-Should AK and HI be international since we have 2 in Hi, 2 in Ak
:eek:

But but.. I have 1 electorial vote and my 4x4 Trails are tougher than yours! :cool:
And I am part of the "Continental" United States. (No offense to the international crew)

PLUS... its me AKFossil...:(

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M3racer said:
Not to be a jerk but I think PA is N.E. and DE is midatlantic. DE is usually left out of lists so we're a little sensitive. :)
Your not being a jerk... or are you? anyway not sure where you guys want to fall so that is why I asked, If you want in another region I have no problem adjusing it.

I am going to make all adjustments to POST # 1, so keep checking it until it is 75% correct

·
Registered
735 Posts
i think it should be seperated in 4 i think that would make it easier. like 4 and then the international.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bsnyder717 said:
i think it should be seperated in 4 i think that would make it easier. like 4 and then the international.
Copy my info from above and show me how you think it should be split so that others can weigh in on your idea.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
cico7 said:
Well, England, hmm, i think should go in the who cares....:eek: ....no not really...the international thread.......how many members are there in the UK....Would a UK division make sense??
I think there may be three of us....two of us in Northern England, and one Southern Softie...only joking Drysuit...;) FYI I'm a Southern lad living in the North East.

I agree, who cares about us over here on this little rock called England!!! We'll just stick to driving on the right side of the road and leave you boys to convoy around the USA together....dont mind us, we'll be OK! :D :D :p

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
FYI, PA & DE are usually grouped in with the Mid-Atlantic states.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
UK Commander said:
I think there may be three of us....two of us in Northern England, and one Southern Softie...only joking Drysuit...;) FYI I'm a Southern lad living in the North East.

I agree, who cares about us over here on this little rock called England!!! We'll just stick to driving on the right side of the road and leave you boys to convoy around the USA together....dont mind us, we'll be OK! :D :D :p
our founding fathers?! Who cares about the reason we are here?! We do!! Even AK....

We do not have to limit the event listing to just our commander forum....list camp jeeps, jamborees, other clubs/forums4x4
events....or am I just now catching on??

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
The last list looks good to me for the Mid-Atlantic region. This would be awesome to have.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts