Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on some led lights to put on the commander So I built a relay panel with a fuse block. I mounted it on the passenger side firewall in the engine compartment. I also got the switch panel plate from Steel Armadillo and added switches. I got the panel idea off a website when I emailed them they wanted around $300 to build it for me I figured I could do it cheaper myself. It ended up costing me around $150 for the panel in the box. Here are some pictures.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks great!

I want to do a switch panel like this so bad. That cubby is just begging for it.

Thanks! I used to put a pack of gum in that pocket and every time I'd hit the gas it would fall on the floor! Lol! always thought it was a dumb place for a pocket! Much better with the switch even if I don't get them all hooked up. Lol.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You made it yourself and saved half of what they would have charged. That's awesome!
Yeah It was very time consuming. When I was half way done i said to myself "I know why people have it made!"lol! I just ordered a 12inch 3d led bar from seward offroad so I'll get to see if the relay box actually works. If the quality of the bar is any good I'll probably order the 54 inch 3d curve and mount it above the windshield. They have a lifetime warranty and are ip69!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Yeah It was very time consuming. When I was half way done i said to myself "I know why people have it made!"lol! I just ordered a 12inch 3d led bar from seward offroad so I'll get to see if the relay box actually works. If the quality of the bar is any good I'll probably order the 54 inch 3d curve and mount it above the windshield. They have a lifetime warranty and are ip69!
wow ip69 is a higher waterproof rating than I have seen on these before.

It definitely looks like you have put in the time to make those relays look good.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know ip69 is kind of hard to believe. I'll start a new thread on the lights when it gets here. My plan is 12 inch in the middle of the matrix bar, two 3 or 4 inch on the matrix also, two 3 inch flush mount in the rear bumper, 54 up at the windshield and maybe 2 slim 4 inch aiming out the sides off the roof rails (aka-zombie lights!) Lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts