Jeep Commander Forum banner

Reliable key fob to buy

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnGault 
#1 ·
Only have one fob for our 08 overland commander hemi. Has the lock, unlock, tailgate, panic, liftgate and remote start on it. Any reliable sources recommended? Also, for that spare key that is inside it for unlocking in case battery dies, can that be recut to match current one or would they need to have a blank one to cut a match? See a lot of options, but who do you trust nowadays?

Thanks.

#2 ·
You need two good keys to self program your new key otherwise you will need to find a good locksmith or take it to a dealer. I have an 06 XK so my key system is different than yours so I cannot answer your question about the emergency key.

#4 ·
Ebays a good place.
I bought 2 keys with fobs for my 07 commander for 20$. Got em cut for 10$. I only had 1 chipped key so I called dealer and got my key code. Programmed them in 20 mins with my scan tool. You can atleast save some money buying them on ebay and then taking them to a locksmith for program

#5 ·
Good to know, thanks. I was looking at ebay, just trying to find a reputable seller, seeing a variety of mostly good then you read the wrong keys were sent and couldn't be programmed, hate to waste time and money with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.