Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting these weird anomalies:

First:
In the morning my car wont let me in... I press unlock over and over and have to stand outside pressing the button until it finally unlocks. On several ocasions I have had to use the key and race the alarm. I cant get under 3 honks before I get the key in and alarm silenced... kinda annoying to me and the neighbors.

I have already replaced the batteries in the keys. Used multiple keys. Found the same results out of all/any of the buttons on the keys.

This happens mainly in the morning. Sometimes when it has sat for a while.

Next:
The tire pressure system constantly complains. It has slowly gone from one tire to the next. Now at least 2 or 3 sensors are always out. Sometimes all. Always the rear drivers.

I am forming a hypothesis. I think the receiver is not functioning and these are all just symptoms. I am curious if this could be because of an old/bad battery (the car starts fine but I have seen strange things come from an old battery).

Anyone have similar issues? Or thoughts on this one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
None of the buttons on my remote work except the button that pops the Rear Glass. I once took my fob apart to try and see what was a matter and replace the battery...with new battery in the fob and pressing one of the buttons really hard while the fob was taken apart...it finally worked...after i put the fob back together...it didn't work anymore.

My alarm does the same thing...I don't have the $200+ to replace the Fob so i have learned to lock the car, then turn the key in the ignition once more before closing the doors...doing this unsets the alarm but still locks the car...that way when I unlock the car using the key...I don't embarrass myself in front of my friends and neighbors....I have also pulled the fuse on the horn before...but my wife says we need a horn for some reason...so i just turn the key before i leave the vehicle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There was a recall on some of the keys on the Commanders so I would contact the dealer with your vin number and ask them. Mine went in to replace the left front CV as I broke it while off roading and when I got the Jeep back I had two new keys and where told to bring the old spare in as it was a recall on the keys. I have 2009 5.7 Ltd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts