Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the Jeep 14 months ago the remote start worked on the pre-inspection. I had the FOB recall done last year and never tried the remote start until now. Just going to start turning the Commander into a daily driver and need remote start here in Michigan. Anybody have a suggestion or something easy to look at?

Thanks

·
Administrator
6,211 Posts
Shame on you for not checking it as soon as the recall was completed - that should have been a no-brainer.

That being said, I'd take it back to whatever dealership did the ignition switch recall and have them fix the issue.

Obviously, they are the cause of the problem if it worked fine prior to the recall being completed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
X2 on the dealership needing to fix it. You can download the install instructions from google for the remote start system and reprogram the fob to the car also. It is actually fairly easy.

I will dig around my computer and see if I still have the file when I installed my remote start.

Dave

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hood latch shorted out.

Dealer said hood latch shorted out will not let remote start activate. $117 installed will find out when part comes in by Friday.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hood latch it is. Remote start working as advertised. Now my blower fan is ticking will remove and clean out this week. Now that this is my daily winter driver i am sure I'll shake out a couple of other issues.

·
Administrator
6,211 Posts
Dealer said hood latch shorted out will not let remote start activate. $117 installed will find out when part comes in by Friday.
That's one I haven't heard of before.

So the hood latch was not properly sensing that the hood was closed - and as a result, the remote start would not activate because the computer thought that the hood was open?

Am I understanding that correctly?

That's interesting if I have it right, I wouldn't have thought of that.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes you have it correct. Remote start won't work if low fuel light is on or you have a trouble code either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts