Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)
Just bought my 07 Commander about a month and a half ago....26000 miles on it :) But, one issue I am finding out just recently with the cold weather in Wisconsin is that my remote start will turn the vehicle on, but if I don't get the keys in the ignition in a matter of 2 minutes or so, it shuts off. :( This makes for a very unhappy mom trying to warm the vehicle up for my kids. Also, it's kinda crappy to try to start your vehicle and get it heated up after a long shift at work only to hear it turn off as I am walking up to it.
Is there maybe a setting I am not seeing??? Here's to hoping on a "setting" that can be "re-set" :)

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Did it do this before the cold weather ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remote start problem

I've had this problem too with my 2007, however it is inconsistent. Sometimes it starts and keeps running. Then there are times like this morning when it started and in a couple minutes it had quit. It could also be the "spooky anti-remote starter energy field" around my hand. My wife starts her Trailblazer with her remote and it starts every time and keeps running. Occasionally I will start the car for her and more often than not, it will run a few minutes and quit and have to be restarted again. It never happens to her. I'm beginning to think I have the wrong electrical aura for remote car starting LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts