1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
451 Posts
That looks like it is for the Jeeps with the factory remote start. Thats cool but my 2006 didn't come with remote start from the factory. I Soooooo Wish it did! This morning was -5 degrees!!!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I'm thinking of having it installed for those cold mornings when I'm not parked in the garage, but then its a choice between that or the anti-theft module since they can't be used together.

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JJSEBASTIAN said:
That looks like it is for the Jeeps with the factory remote start. Thats cool but my 2006 didn't come with remote start from the factory. I Soooooo Wish it did! This morning was -5 degrees!!!
Yes, it is for vehicles that already have the remote start. It is an upgrade for the already installed remote start.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
I'm thinking of having it installed for those cold mornings when I'm not parked in the garage, but then its a choice between that or the anti-theft module since they can't be used together.
You could always get an aftermarket alarm that has remote start. I had one installed in my tahoe and it worked great.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
It is not hard to install the remote start yourself! I purchased it on eBay and it takes about two hours to install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
remote start module

Had a first yesterday - my jeep cranked itself while we were sitting inside a restaurant having lunch, keys in my pocket. The problem is, I don't have a remote start button on my key fob. It is a 2006 4.7 that I purchased used, so maybe it has that option and I just don't know it?!?! Where would I look for a control module, etc...that would be a part of a remote system? We were at a busy area off I-95, so I hope someone else had a remote start close by that set it off... Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Had a first yesterday - my jeep cranked itself while we were sitting inside a restaurant having lunch, keys in my pocket. The problem is, I don't have a remote start button on my key fob. It is a 2006 4.7 that I purchased used, so maybe it has that option and I just don't know it?!?! Where would I look for a control module, etc...that would be a part of a remote system? We were at a busy area off I-95, so I hope someone else had a remote start close by that set it off... Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!!
A thought based on recent experience.
I recently was contracted to remove a aftermarket alarm/remote start from a 09 Dodge Journey. (Same remotes as ours)
The system used the the factory, non-remote start fob.
You would press and release the lock button on the fob, then press and hold the lock button again.
In about 2 or 3 seconds, the engine would crank and start and the running lights would come on to indicate success.
I removed it because there were times it would cut the fuel pump and kill the engine on the alarm circuit.
Aftermarket systems are well known for leaving one stranded and this operator cared not to roll the dice.
Regardless, you might want to try the sequence I described on your vehicle as you may have a similar aftermarket system from the previous owner.

My best guess based on your description,
Rob

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Can you post a picture of your key fob?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the advice! I tried the tip about holding the lock button, no luck. I've also tried to attach a picture of my key fob(not sure if it attached, still figuring out this BlackBerry...). The fob is a part of the key and has a panic button on one end, a lock button and a separate unlock button in the middle, and a button to press twice to open the rear glass. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Remote Start Post

Just had this device installed on my 2007 Commander. Cost through dealer was $400.00. They had problems with the first unit and had to order another, guess the module was bad.

The only thing I, can live with, is the antnena is difficult to hide. The dealer stuck it on the window inline with the mirror bracket, but it was within my visual line of sight. I moved to the back of the mirro bracket which hides all but the tip of the anterna.

Wonder if I could trim off about an inch of the attena so nothing would show from the drivers seat?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts