Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey one more question guys... the Commander we are looking at has a sticker under the hood that says its equipped with remote start. There isnt a specific button on the remote though. How do I use the remote start? Or is the sticker from an aftermarket remote start? I appreciate any info you guys have.

·
2,248 Posts
If you have the remote start then you will have a button on the bottom right of your hand held remote. The doors have to be closed for the remote to work. Push the button twice and it will start and lock the doors. You have to unlock the doors and put the key in the slot within a short time or it will stop.

BTW, I rented a 2008 Commander here in Denver for the weekend and I thought that the key was missing. The new keys don't even look like keys. They are plastic with a thin key inside of the plastic holder. You can take them apart to use the small metal part as a Valet Key.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out.... it has an aftermarket remote start from audiovox... there is a toggle switch down beside the hood release that has to be activated and it has a seperate remote...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts