Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Hss anyone had the Mopar remote starter installed? We just picked ours up from the dealer who installed it as part of the purchase and I was quite surprised to see the "professional" wiring job under the hood. Take a look and if anyone has had one installed does it look as "good" as ours?

·
Registered
204 Posts
They should pass through a grommet, not be pinched under, and that is not the recommended grommet either. Whe I do them I come out with the rear washer hose grommet. Puts the two wires close to the fuse box and I tape all 3 together until the coil wire branches off to the motor. I find that a lot of installers dont solder any of the splices either. Sometimes it is the tech, sometimes the cheap dealership will only pay the tech an hour for the install so they tend to rush it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That looks terrible... like a high school wiring project. :(

That is definitely NOT a professional wiring job. I'd either have the dealership clean that up... or get a flex tube and organize the wires as much as you can into the flex tube.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I have an email into the dealer, along with photos of the grease stains on the carpet to see what they are going to do. They must think we are the customers from hell after the experience with our Liberty CRD. We got the Commander after threatening Lemon Law on our Liberty after 15 service visits in 10 months. Really hoping we have better luck with this one!

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW I can't believe that got buy the service manager.
That is the most unprofessional thing I have seen, it would make me worry about the other work they do there?
And you say they greased your carpet. I would go to another dealer and explain you have been using another dealer but since and show them the install you will not be going back.
Most of them would give the same reaction you got here.
Was the Liberty service by them as well or was this another dealer if so your issues I suspect were service related and not the Jeep it self.
But in any case there would be no way I would let that one touch anything unless I was standing over the shoulder watching even then I would choose the tools.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts