Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I lost a piece of gum. I took out the 3rd row seat to find it. it slipped under the 2nd row. So I took the 2nd row seat out also!

I found my gum!!! victory tastes sweet!!

..... side note. 3rd row seat is *heavy*! 2nd row seat *REALLY HEAVY* :eek: .... and hard to get out! :D

not sure, but i'd say the 3rd row is around 50ish pounds. and the 2nd row 100ish. Plus with my spare tire removed. thats about 200 pounds total removed!

So i went for a little drive. :D The XK "felt" light. It accelerated faster! didn't bounce going over bumps! I love it! My girlfriend was NOT keen on it staying like that... she said, "7 passenger vehicle with 2 seats. Not ok." :(

I said, "But there is SO much more room to do activities in there now"! (quote: from the movie Step-Brothers)

So now i have to put the seats back in. crap!

pictures soon

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uploading to photobucket. i have a slow internet connection right now. (verizon wireless card)

BELIEVE ME!! DO IT NOW!! (~~)

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I like her thought pattern, wonder what "activities" she had in mind...;)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
You did that for a piece of gum? That gum would have stayed there. You plan on putting the spare tire back also? Wouldn't want to get caught without it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
RedCommander said:
And to think when I need to get stuff under the 2nd row I just tilt them forward.

LOL - I was thinking the same thing.

I kind of want to remove the 3rd row but am affraid it will give more of a rake look.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Command This. said:
I kind of want to remove the 3rd row but am affraid it will give more of a rake look.
it's 100 lbs. does not make much of a difference. I can not see a difference, most of the weight is in front of the rear axel.

·
Registered
564 Posts
cico7 said:
it's 100 lbs. does not make much of a difference. I can not see a difference, most of the weight is in front of the rear axel.

But it gives you so much room, and if you keep the jack storage it helps to keep things in when you open the gate...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the 3rd row is 100 lbs, the second row is friggin heavy!
so... would that be 250lbs+ removed?

anywho... PICTURES!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
found my gum!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
You should frame it now and put it over your fire place :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ate the gum. It was tasty!

·
2,248 Posts
So now what are you going to do with all that space?.......HotTub?......ATV?....SmartCar....

Josh, Jon and I are planning a race night this coming Saturday, Check the threads, we might get AJ and anyone else from the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Thats pretty slick. Thanks for the pics.

I think that you should leave them out. Throw a couple bean bag seats in the back and call it a day, LOL

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Command This. said:

I measured it before and after the 3rd row removal,,, the rear end went up by 0.3" :D

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Did you notice the length of the bolts that are tightening the second row to the frame !!! they are very long and thick, they need alot of effort to unscrew them !!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Now you can shampoo the entire rear carpet if you like, or install Dynamat for that really quiet sound.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
The problem with taking out the second row is all the electronics that are installed under it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts