Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the plastic rockers, after breaking one after stuffing the rear tires. I didn;t like the holes left after in the door area. so I covered it with non-skid tape. Has anyone else pulled theirs and what did you do? here are a couple pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
I removed mine a while back. When using the mickey thompson wheels, I was rubbing on everything. I was hoping to get the 4xguard rocker covers but price was a factor. Since I fixed my wheel problems with stock wheels and some spacers I've put my plastic covers back on. But I didn't go as far as you did with the non-stick tape. Looks better that why. I just left mine open.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nice idea with the nonskid. Maybe Ill do that eventually. I do like the guards off off mine.

·
Registered
423 Posts
^I have thought about doing that for a while now. If I could find time I would pull the rocker covers and the wheel well liners and coat everything.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Without those rockers it really changes the look. I think I like it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
that looks cool... nice job!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Seriously thinking about taking these off. I hate the plasticy look and cheap feel of them when I bump them. Pretty sure there are some broken tabs already, as they feel loose.

The pinchweld doesn't look as ugly or obvious as I had feared.

The non skid tape cleans it up perfectly, and bonus the kids can use it as step. Maybe I can cover the pinchweld with nonskid as well if that bothers the wife...

Seriously contemplating this... Anybody have any input? I have read that some people think its ugly.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah, this is a question of aesthetics. Personally, after I install my SA sliders, I will cut and put those trim pieces back on. Someone else on here has done exactly that with their slider install.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Yeah, this is a question of aesthetics. Personally, after I install my SA sliders, I will cut and put those trim pieces back on. Someone else on here has done exactly that with their slider install.
I have a black XK. Do you think covering up the pinchweld with black grip tape as well would make it look cleaner?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have a black XK. Do you think covering up the pinchweld with black grip tape as well would make it look cleaner?
What happened to your fender liner? My pinch weld is covered by it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
What happened to your fender liner? My pinch weld is covered by it.
Not the pinch weld that the tires rub on. I've already done the "pinch weld mod" and pulled the fender liner back to cover that.

I am talking about the one that is covered by the plastic rocker covers.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Covering the pinchweld definately gives it a finished look. Those slots need something, not sure i'd use the grip tape, although it does look ok.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, I've been trying to figure out what to do with those stupid holes seeing that I pretty much broke every connector on my trim. That non slip looks sweet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts