Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
looks like my 2008 i can attest that it just pulls out. mine was broken when I bought the jeep so I figured it wont hurt if I break it more so I was dicking around with it at a red light and the whole damn thing pulled right out forward (or rearward... either way not up).

·
Administrator
6,446 Posts
I'll give it a tug tomorrow...i'll send ya the bill for my new one if it breaks ;) lol
I don't think you will, I have knocked mine loose before just by accidentally hitting it with my hand when taking a screwdriver out of the cargo compartment - and it snapped right back into place with no problem.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think the early models (06-07) were one piece with the dash, but the older ones are not. I just pulled mine out to get pics, just in case you are worried here are the clip locations.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome guys! Thanks a bunch. Mine has some scratches where the factory rubber coat is scraped. I figure with some bedliner and / or plastidip I can fix it right up.

·
Administrator
6,446 Posts
Awesome guys! Thanks a bunch. Mine has some scratches where the factory rubber coat is scraped. I figure with some bedliner and / or plastidip I can fix it right up.
That's a very common issue.

The outside surface of those panels do not stand up very well to any kind of impact.

I've seen some guys put a vinyl stick-on real tree camouflage laminate over it that looks pretty good.

I think you can buy it in sheets pretty cheaply - and then just cut it to fit.

But you can try the bed-liner idea too.

·
Administrator
6,446 Posts
Idk if I like it. I need to try and match it to the factory dash I think. Only gray I had in the basement lol
It's doesn't look bad - it looks better than when it was all scratched up.

You could always try and find a closer color match if it really bothers you - at least you know how to take it out now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts