Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought of taking their doors off like you often see with early model cherokees, especially the 2 door models. I don't know what would be involved with making a quick disconnect for the wiring but i'd probably have someone else do that. anyone thought or considered it? you'd have to be good with welding to create a new detachable bracket. also at least in VA I'd need side mirrors but aside from small details any ideas on it being possible?

·
1,993 Posts
I thought of it, disconnecting the wires is no big deal. It's the weight of the doors that is the issue. A quick disconnect is cool but wit the weight of the doors would be hard to pull off properly. Following the service manual instructions on door removal they want you to unbolt the hinges from the vehicle but looking at it, it seems easier for installation to remove the doors from the hinges making alignment unchanged. This would not be a one man task but like I said the weight of the doors would be my biggest concern. From what jeep says the doors can all be open during full flex so twisting the frame without doors in shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts