Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed their roof rails and if so how? I was pulling on the trim on the roof near the tailgate but I'm not sure if that's how they come out.
My wifes grand cherokee is like that, you pull off the rear trim pieces and slide them in from the back. I'm not sure if the commander is like that and I dont want to break anything. So, anybody know?

·
Registered
65 Posts
If they are the same I took my dad's off his GC. You have to remove the plastic cover at the end and then unscrew them and the pieces will come out. If I recall, that was a year ago, hope it helps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I removed mine shortly after I got the Commander. I think it's a "cleaner" look without them, at the moment I don't have anything to hook onto them, they don't get in the way of my Sirius antenna and their absence probably slightly increases the gas mileage at highway speeds.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are ugly that's for sure. I wouldn't buy them, but my truck came with them. It looks a lot cleaner w/o them now. I don't think I'll ever put anything on the roof, but you never know.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Super easy to remove.

I took mine off, and don't use them.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'll sell mine for $85.

No shipping though, just want to meet and sell them to a local Southern CA, for ease...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mine look like this.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have to wonder why anyone who buys a Commander (a not exactly streamlined vehicle) would find the roof racks or the crossbars ugly. john

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I will take them if we can work out the exchange.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My roof bars are sold to a49er Football Fan, seeing as I grew up in the Bay Area. Heheh.

·
Registered
396 Posts
John said:
I have to wonder why anyone who buys a Commander (a not exactly streamlined vehicle) would find the roof racks or the crossbars ugly. john
True. I also think they look nice and definitely fit the image of the Commander.

I just don't have a need for them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts