Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wouldering if dealers will rent out or alow test drive for cars for about 2 to 4 days? I wanted to test drive the SRT8 laredo just for kicks? Im willing to pay i just dont know if they do it, i know there are some dealer guys on here thats why im asking before i make a fool of myself when i call them :D

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
SRT8 Laredo? I am guessing you are referring to the Grand Cherokee SRT8.

No, I doubt the dealer will let you take a vehicle like that even overnight. I know many dealers will not let the SRT vehicles (even the SRT-4 Neon) off the lot without you having all the financial paper work signed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just woundering because i know bmw and mercedes alow like a weekend test drive where u leave ur car with them and take the one you wanted to test for 2-3 days, i was just thinking that they would do somthing like that. Guess not though

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Avsfan33 said:
Just woundering because i know bmw and mercedes alow like a weekend test drive where u leave ur car with them and take the one you wanted to test for 2-3 days, i was just thinking that they would do somthing like that. Guess not though
That may be the case with their standard line-ups, but I doubt you could do this with their M/AMG models...

You might try a big city near you and look for a high-end specialty car rental outfit... there are a few around, for instance in LA. Good luck in your quest...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I doubt you will find any dealer willing to do this, especially since many dont have any SRT8s and those that do only have 1 or 2. Most probably wont let anyone even test drive one with a salesman on board unless they think you are a serious buyer, otherwise they would rack up too many miles with all the joy riders.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer has 5, 2 red, 2 silver, 1 black

·
Registered
204 Posts
Avsfan33 said:
My dealer has 5, 2 red, 2 silver, 1 black
You have several huge Jeep dealers in your area, some stocking over 150 Grand Cherokees which is very large. Most are not that big and dont carry that kind of inventory.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea the dealer that had my commander had about 150 on the lot, he is said to be the biggest jeep dealin in the US but i dont know how much of that is true

·
Registered
204 Posts
Avsfan33 said:
Yea the dealer that had my commander had about 150 on the lot, he is said to be the biggest jeep dealin in the US but i dont know how much of that is true
You can do an inventory search on the Jeep site, you will see that most only stock about 40 or 50 Grand Cherokees at most. I saw two in the Dearborn area that had about 150 and both had 5 SRT8s, neither had the colors in the quantity that you described so yours may ba another dealership alltogether. The inventory search is handy when trying to figure out who is loaded up on what in your area, those are usually the ones that are the most willing to deal on a certain model.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
ktek01 said:
You can do an inventory search on the Jeep site, you will see that most only stock about 40 or 50 Grand Cherokees at most. I saw two in the Dearborn area that had about 150 and both had 5 SRT8s, neither had the colors in the quantity that you described so yours may ba another dealership alltogether. The inventory search is handy when trying to figure out who is loaded up on what in your area, those are usually the ones that are the most willing to deal on a certain model.
The inventory system isn't 100% accurate. It all depends on how quickly the dealership updates it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you can get one, I'll hAVE TO GO WITH YOU FOR A RIDE, OK?:D Good luck!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts