Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to replace a front fog lamp bulb on the Commander please?

Cheers

Si

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
See if there is a door in the wheel well in front of the tire, that may help.

You can replace the fog light bulbs with regualr headlight bulbs....give it a litle jiggle and it goes in. I replace my foglight bulbs with the bright bulb from my headlights......

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cico7 said:
See if there is a door in the wheel well in front of the tire, that may help.

You can replace the fog light bulbs with regualr headlight bulbs....give it a litle jiggle and it goes in. I replace my foglight bulbs with the bright bulb from my headlights......

Ahhh....found the door in the wheel arch...cant move it though...does it push upwards / downwards or is it hinged...the simplest of things puzzle me! Doh!!

Si :confused:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I had the same issue. Turn your wheel so the front portion faces out and then use a flat tip screw driver to carefully pry open the door. You need to be careful because they will break off. Once open you can easily reach in and grab the fog light connector. Only part that sucks is your doing it blind.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AKFossil said:
I had the same issue. Turn your wheel so the front portion faces out and then use a flat tip screw driver to carefully pry open the door. You need to be careful because they will break off. Once open you can easily reach in and grab the fog light connector. Only part that sucks is your doing it blind.
Oops....hit it...broke it...fell off!!!!....and you need damn long arms as a result!!!

Not the best design I've ever seen when it comes to replacing a bulb!! :confused:

A friday afternoon design idea me thinks!!! :p

Si

1 - 8 of 8 Posts