Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is an excellent forum.

Last week I picked up a blue 2006 Jeep Commander at CarMax. I wanted a V6 but I had to settle for a V8 with only 17k miles. Oh well. The prices on used Jeeps dropped like a rock. The wife is not too happy. I only let her drive it one time so far with my supervision.

I am at ham radio operator so I am trying to figure out how to install a few antennas and radios. Most likely I will be installing a CB, VHF and a HF TarHeel screwdriver antenna.

Rob

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!
Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Welcome, we need some pics. You'll like the 4.7, gets the same mileage as a 3.7m and you have more power.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Welcome BulletBob, there are a lot of great people here. You will enjoy your Commander.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice to have ya here, BulletBob. Good luck with all your ham radio antennas. I have no idea about installing something like that, but I'm sure some others here will have some good advice for ya.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I, too, came from ZJ ('93 Grand Cherokee). Quite an upgrade!

Check out the link in my signature for the upcoming camping trip next month. If you can make it, we'd love to have ya!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Congrats on your Commander Bob.....I'll be in Nags Head for Thanksgiving....but I just looked at the map and I see that is quite some distance from you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the welcome.

My wife took the Commander to the dealer today to get two software recalls taken care of.

Saturday I will take some pictures and post them.

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts