Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Dallas TX
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the internet purchased replacement leather seat covers they could share? Seeing Katzkin, Covercraft, etc.. Trying to replace the front seats, lower initially but would do the entire seat if I had any confidence in the purchase.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,442 Posts
Katzkin were the OEM used in the Commanders. Also get your Build sheet if you haven't yet it will have the interior color listed.
To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing

Reactions: choyt80

·
Registered
Dallas TX
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the build sheet. Khaki leather is a bit of a challenge, even katzkin has only tan, black, or grey. Plus they want $1500 for the front two seats.. 2nd row is ok and taking the third row out. I am close to ASM (from the tv shows) and will visit them to see what they will charge. Was hoping for the trifecta (cheap,fast,quality) but know that doesnt happen too often.

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the internet purchased replacement leather seat covers they could share? Seeing Katzkin, Covercraft, etc.. Trying to replace the front seats, lower initially but would do the entire seat if I had any confidence in the purchase.
I have a really nice set of Cover-King Real Tree Camo Custom 1st & 2nd row seat covers - but not leather.

Haven't heard of any leather seat covers;

I thought Katzkin, which I've seen advertisements for, only reupholstered seats;

I didn't realize they actually made leather seat covers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@patf111 You might be better off finding a seat and replacing it. For example, swapping the passenger seat bottom to replace a worn driver side. I did an entire passenger seat swap and the only thing you might notice is the hole on the lumbar - which is pretty hidden by the door pillar. You’ll have to take the cover off the seat pan as they’re not swappable unless you have the right size and setup to install insert nuts. The wiring is the same too. While shipping is a little pricey, I couldn’t be happier with the Overland seat I found on LKQ Online. From my experience and others, they don’t sell ripped seats. If you call them, you can even save $100 than what’s posted online. Just my 2 cents.

Car Automotive design Grey Automotive tire Personal luxury car

·
Registered
Dallas TX
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found a local shop to take this on, they could have tried to reuse the leather (center section) but for a little more he rebuilt the seat cover.. $350 which feels a little steep but online good covers are $200 or more, and its hard to find the "dark khaki" color as an option. he did this in a day. he did drop in the new seat heating element but mentioned the old one looked fine. could be part of my list of elec issues i am chasing..

before
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt Bumper

after
Comfort Textile Chair Luggage and bags Bag

·
Registered
Dallas TX
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the confirmation. i'm going to take my miata seat over to him as well. its a bit worse off but he's pretty talented

·
Registered
53 Posts
I replaced my cloth seats with a leather set from a LKQ Jeep and couldn't be happier.... It cost me $120 and my time. I think they just charged me for one seat for the back bench... The seat bottoms are the easiest to replace as a whole. Get a passenger seat bottom to replace your driver seat if its worn. They are interchangeable.

·
Registered
Dallas TX
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'd been looking around (first name basis at the pick n pull now) but nothing was in decent shape.

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
Found a local shop to take this on, they could have tried to reuse the leather (center section) but for a little more he rebuilt the seat cover.. $350 which feels a little steep but online good covers are $200 or more, and its hard to find the "dark khaki" color as an option. he did this in a day. he did drop in the new seat heating element but mentioned the old one looked fine. could be part of my list of elec issues i am chasing..

before

after
That was money well spent.

·
Registered
06 Jeep commander limited 5.7 QTII black
38 Posts
there is a place in Oklahoma City that does all oem 1000.00 ache maybe more for the third row. My drivers seat was bad did a repair on it off of YouTube videos looks ok I’ll replace it one day:).

·
Registered
Dallas TX
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you have a name of the place, i have a few friends to visit in OKC! I figure i can work with this guy piece by piece and get the front seats updated. the 2nd row is not all that bad and the teenager isnt all that picky either..

·
Registered
06 Jeep commander limited 5.7 QTII black
38 Posts
if you have a name of the place, i have a few friends to visit in OKC! I figure i can work with this guy piece by piece and get the front seats updated. the 2nd row is not all that bad and the teenager isnt all that picky either..
Leatherseats.com you will build your own for the commander option or call them they will assist. I found them a couple of years ago contacted them and they seem very professional their website is easy to maneuver so check them out. They are close to Texas so I decided to give them a shot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts