Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all.

So I decided to change the brake pads for the first time. I read some good information here. I had all the tools required, C-clamp included, and all was going well until I put the Duralast DGC1041 pads on for the rear. They were so thick that the gap was too small to sandwich the rotor. The pistons were pushed in all the way. I called Autozone and they confirmed that I had the right ones (according to the product number on the box--google couldn't find anything for the numbers on the pads themselves: DB918FF --48111041).

Does anyone have any idea what happened? Can someone confirm that these are correct pads? I have a 2007 Commander, 2WD, 4.7.

Thanks,

Eseb

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Those numbers check out. Many rotors get rusty or a lip on the outer edge and make putting the new ones not fit so to speak, You might try grinding off the rust on the edge or better yet take them to a place that resurfaces the rotors (many auto parts stores)- usually not very expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, rblapham. That was the issue. I had the rotors resurfaced, then it was an easy job. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Glad to be of service:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts