Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have taken mine off, then replaced it (back). Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Simple, but lots of elbow grease. It just pulls down and out, then presses back up and in. It's held in place by 2 high-tension outward facing spring-loaded pins. Very hard to explain, but very simple in nature. Why are you pulling it out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking about getting an auto dimming one.But
i do not know if it wiil work.I'm sure it will fit .
but do not know if it will have to be plugged in?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm sure it has to plug in, but almost positive that there was an open wire harness or two in mine when I looked (stock mirror now) for the Homelink and Dimming Mirror options. Can't tell you for sure if it's plug and play, but I think if you compared the harness on the mirror to the ones inside your overhead bin you could make that call within a second or two.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
NECRO POST ALERT!

So, not wanting to rehash what's been said already, I have a question.

I DETEST interior mounted mirrors; I grew up pulling horse trailers, have owned class VIII trucks, and still pull trailers, but for toys.

Because of that, the mirror is useless and always in my way.

What I would like to do is remove the mirror... and mount my GPS unit base. I like my mobile unit, as its also useful offroad, and when I'm hunting horseback I like to take it with me.

Anyway, I don't want wires hanging down, or up in this case, but I have no idea if there's a wiring harness beneath the mirror base, as I do not have a powered mirror; its just a standard reflecting mirror.

Any ideas if a power supply is there universally, or are they installed if/when, at the factory, a powered mirror is spec'd?

I guess if worse-comes-to-worse, I can pull a circuit over from the cab light, but I'd rather have the lazy option, lol!

Cheers!

-RR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts