Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around for awhile and found alot of good information, but i still have a few unanswered questions. My 06 base has terrible fortera HL's and at 33k they have wore out more quickly that I would have liked, so I would like to replace them. I have been looking at the Goodyear wrangler silent armors' and the BFGoodrich Long Trail Tour's. Every tire that I have looked at has numerours reviews that say one or the other these are difficult to balance or hurt fuel consumption. So if I go with a on/Off Road Tire how much fuel loss will I see on a stock replacement? Do these vehicles typically lose balance faster because of the weight?

I have been battling wandering steering wheel issues for 2-3 months now, I have had them check alignment, balance the tires (4 times in 20,000) and have rotated them every 5K when I do my oil changes. I want to pick a decent tire but I want to hear from people who use them on the commander, not 7000lb F350's. So other than my two choices do you recommend another tire? :stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I've had Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors and they were nice tires, but they rode rough over 70 mph for me. I switched to Michelin LTX AT2s and the ride is great up to 80, and they're decent off road too. Either choice is a good one.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I may be interested in your stock tires if they are reasonably priced.

I live in Orillia, Ontario and I go to Hamilton, Ontario about once a month so you are not to far from there.

Keep me in mind if there's any tread left on your tires when you get new ones :) ... I'm running with no spare right now.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Bridgestone Dueler REVO AT. Amazing tire in all conditions. I even rocked them at Rausch Creek Off Road Park once and they did extremly well. I even have a set sitting in my basement if your interested. 2 inch lift is required though. Your even right down the road from me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts