Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is a vehicle commonly driven by backwards-hat types, who like to blast loud music and cut you off indiscriminately, as well as ostentatious chairmen of multinational corporations. With a new Grand Cherokee premiering in 2011, a void will be left in the lineup for those who aspire to the heights of a Mercedes-Benz ML63 or BMW X5M, but can't afford the fairly steep price tag.

Enter the 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8, which is expected to come with a new 6.4L Hemi V8 putting out an estimated 525-horsepower, and rides on a rumored air-suspension platform. According to a report by Car & Driver, Jeep is attempting to best the X5M's performance figures, which means a 0-60 time of 4.0 seconds or less. While its the owner's prerogative to buy a car like this, we can't help but ask "why?"

More: Report: New Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 To Debut In 2012, Targeting BMW X5 M Performance on AutoGuide.com

·
Super Moderator
14,966 Posts
While its the owner's prerogative to buy a car like this, we can't help but ask "why?"
And I say "Why not ? I would buy one if I could.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
How the conversation with the wife would go to even try to get one.
Me - :headbang2:
Wife - :nono:
Me - :SM002:

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
When my Commander breathes its last breath, this will be my next vehicle, providing thay are still making them. I figure I can get, at least, 10 years out of the Commander.:woot:

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Ahh-the need for speed. Around town, the SRT8. Bawls out, foot to the floor, Z06 Vette.:eek:hyeah:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Badass rig, I was trying to hold out by drvinig our beater for another year, but I finally had to put a bullet in the BMW 540i and I replaced with a Pontiac G8GT w/ 6.0 V8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts