Jeep Commander Forum banner

Repossessed jeep not starting.

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Amologaciya 
#1 ·
Purchased a 2007 jeep commander 4.7 v8 limited edition. From auction

It was repossessed.

After I got it home. I tried to test drive it. And it doesn't start.

It turns over but never starts.

Fuel pressure is good also spark is good. There are no signs of blown head gasket.

If I let It sit with the key in the on position.
The check engine blinks 10 times.

I hooked up my scanner and pulled the following codes.

P0562 System Voltage Low

C2202 Original VIN Mismatch/Missing

B212D Ignition Run Only / Input Circuit Open

How
U1414 implausible,/Missing engine
Control unit Network configuration data

See less See more
#2 ·
@Eviltemp Welcome to the forum! The first thing you should do is put in a new battery. And if I were you it would be an AGM battery -- they are not cheap. Your battery can test as good but still be bad. I know from experience.

#7 ·
After a few weeks of snow and icy conditions. I finally got a good day to replace the battery. And it turned out to start right up.

The old battery was no good. Even when jumping it with another car it wouldn't work.

After I let the engine run a few.

It starts to misfire. You can hear it in the exhaust. Popping noise

And I am getting 5 codes.

P0171 bank 1 too lean
P0174 bank 2 too lean
P0300 Random multiple misfire.
P0131 Bank 1 sensor 1 cercuit low voltage
P0151 Bank 2 sensor 1 cercuit low voltage.

Any idea where should I start?

#3 ·
About the only codes I think you'll be able to fix on there are the battery voltage codes. Sounds like someone swapped a couple of integral parts from a used vehicle and the system didn't like them.

Start with battery and hope that gets it running. Thoroughly test the brakes before you go for any "real" drives as that one code c2202 relates to the brake module.

In all honesty I'd drop it to a dealer, pay the hundred or so bucks and have them diagnose it, then with their star scan system they can realign the VIN registered items such as the brake control module tipm.

Almost sounds like maybe the prior owner swapped the tipm and bcm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.