Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any reasons I shouldn't?
Also, what is your favorite tutorial and parts list for this job? Are there any tutorials that show how to add in a relay switch so I can turn them off or on at any time? (for those pesky night time drivers that ride my bumper home)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Might be illegal. Intentionally blinding a driver, no matter how pesky, could cause then to collide with someone else, potentially head on. And when you're in court pleading your case, the judge will ask 'then why didn't you pull over and let them by if you were that rattled?'.
Or they could report you and make you sound like a douche or a psycho, rolling around intentionally blinding people on roads and highways trying to cause accidents.

Truckers have gotten in trouble doing the same kinda thing to drivers who leave their high beams on, hitting them back with rigged up high power lights.

Might cause you more grief in the end.

If you have lights that you can mount on the roof or roof rails, point those down behind your jeep, super handy location in general but you can also flood someone's hood with an intense bright light without the blinding affect if they're riding your a$$. Also, the setup itself looks like less of an intentional attack.

Sorry for the banter, bored at work at the moment.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be illegal. Intentionally blinding a driver, no matter how pesky, could cause then to collide with someone else, potentially head on. And when you're in court pleading your case, the judge will ask 'then why didn't you pull over and let them by if you were that rattled?'.
Or they could report you and make you sound like a douche or a psycho, rolling around intentionally blinding people on roads and highways trying to cause accidents.

Truckers have gotten in trouble doing the same kinda thing to drivers who leave their high beams on, hitting them back with rigged up high power lights.

Might cause you more grief in the end.

If you have lights that you can mount on the roof or roof rails, point those down behind your jeep, super handy location in general but you can also flood someone's hood with an intense bright light without the blinding affect if they're riding your a$$. Also, the setup itself looks like less of an intentional attack.

Sorry for the banter, bored at work at the moment.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Haha I don't care too much about that, I just a set of two switches mounted and one is free at the moment. So why not at least have it enabled? Haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts