Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows about the little ASUS bluetooth USB dongle on Amazon.

I thik it would be great if it could plug in to the RER USB port and then be seen by the IPhone as a bluetooth device to stream music to the AUX function.

I currently use a phono plug from my phone to the RER phono plug port.

Not very elegant.

Hoping to find a true bluetooth solution.

Can any of my commander bretheren offer any recommendations that work?

0:)

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows about the little ASUS bluetooth USB dongle on Amazon.

I thik it would be great if it could plug in to the RER USB port and then be seen by the IPhone as a bluetooth device to stream music to the AUX function.

I currently use a phono plug from my phone to the RER phono plug port.

Not very elegant.

Hoping to find a true bluetooth solution.

Can any of my commander bretheren offer any recommendations that work?

0:)
Here are a couple of Bluetooth solutions;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/10-electronics-nav-discussion/71201-rec-radio-aux-input.html

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/10-electronics-nav-discussion/60954-bluetooth-mp3-upgrade-2006-a.html

I have not seen anyone on the forum mention that specific Bluetooth Dongle that you listed.

I'm a little surprised that your 2010 XK didn't come with U Connect/Blue tooth.

My 2008 Sport did not come with it either, I eventually went with a Pioneer AVH-X490BS CD/DVD RDS AV head unit with Sirius XM Receiver which was Blue Tooth capable. It also works just fine with the factory back-up camera, just needed a simple adapter for the factory wiring harness.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for that information Big Blue.

you stated "surprised that your 2010 XK didn't come with U Connect/Blue tooth"

I do know that it has uconnect and my phone is paired with it, and when it is paired and in use, the bluetooth icon shows up on the bottom of the screen.

That said, I have no way to connect my Pandora app on my iPhone via bluetooth except for the double phono cord, so I suspect the RER only bluetooths the phone connection and not audio.

If im mistaken then I will stand corrected and be appreciative :)

After thinking about it though - - this little USB dongle would have to receive audio via blootooth and then port it into the RER on the USB line - not sure RER is capable of that.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Thanks for that information Big Blue.

you stated "surprised that your 2010 XK didn't come with U Connect/Blue tooth"

I do know that it has uconnect and my phone is paired with it, and when it is paired and in use, the bluetooth icon shows up on the bottom of the screen.

That said, I have no way to connect my Pandora app on my iPhone via bluetooth except for the double phono cord, so I suspect the RER only bluetooths the phone connection and not audio.

If im mistaken then I will stand corrected and be appreciative :)

After thinking about it though - - this little USB dongle would have to receive audio via blootooth and then port it into the RER on the USB line - not sure RER is capable of that.
That's another thing that's nice about my Pioneer Head unit, it also supports Pandora & Spotify if you want to use those programs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use the TUNAI Firefly, which can be found on Amazon for about $30. (Keep your eye on the price as I bought my for about $20 - Seems to fluctuate)

Game. Changer. Powered by the USB port and plugs into the AUX port, making a bluetooth connection to my phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts