Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to pair my phone to the uconnect system and I do not know the pin number. Is this number assigned by the factory/dealer or is this set by the owner? How do I reset it?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Just a thought, is it maybe asking for a pin for your phone, not the uconnect?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's definitely asking for the Uconnect PIN, manual references assigning a pin as a password for connecting the up to 7 phones that it can take. Everything leads me to believe that it is something that the system asks for the very first time you connect a phone.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I found this with a google search:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_uconnect.htm#OPERATION

It looks like you can choose any pin you want.

Pairing a Cellular Phone to the UConnect System

To begin using your UConnect system, you must pair your compatible Bluetooth" enabled cellular phone. To complete the registration process, you will need to reference your cellular phone owner's manual.

• Press the 'Phone' button to begin.
  • After the "Ready" prompt, say "Setup Phone Pairing".
  • You will he asked to say a four-digit pin number into the UConnect system which you will later need to enter into your cellular phone during the cellular phone pairing process. You can enter any four-digit pin number. You will not need to remember this pin number after the initial registration process.
  • The UConnect system will then prompt you to begin the cellular phone pairing process on your cellular phone. Please see your cellular phone user's manual for instructions on how to complete this step.
  • For identification purposes, you will be prompted to give the UConnect system a name for your cellular phone. Each cellular phone that is paired should he given a unique phone name.
  • You will then be asked to give your cellular phone a priority level between 1 and 7, 1 having the highest priority. You can connect up to seven cellular phones to 'our UConnect system and the priority allows the UConnect system to know which cellular phone to use if multiple cellular phones are in the vehicle at the same time. For example, if a priority 3 and priority 5 cellular phone are both in the vehicle, the UConnect system will use the priority 3 cellular phone when you make a call. You can select to use a lower priority cellular phone at any time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've come accross that as well, but my system does not prompt me to say/enter a four digit pin it asks me to enter it on my phone to finish the pairing process leading me to believe that somebody has already assigned a four digit pin.

·
Banned
277 Posts
I think if you go into "Setup" you have the option to "List Paired Phones". Once the phones are listed, I'm pretty sure you're given the option to delete any/all the paired phones. Once all previous phones are deleted, you should be able to create a new PIN. I re-paired mine a couple months ago, and I think that's all I did, and it worked. Give it shot.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I've come accross that as well, but my system does not prompt me to say/enter a four digit pin it asks me to enter it on my phone to finish the pairing process leading me to believe that somebody has already assigned a four digit pin.
Oh, OK. I didn't understand that that's the point you were at. Let us know what ends up getting it resolved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think if you go into "Setup" you have the option to "List Paired Phones". Once the phones are listed, I'm pretty sure you're given the option to delete any/all the paired phones. Once all previous phones are deleted, you should be able to create a new PIN. I re-paired mine a couple months ago, and I think that's all I did, and it worked. Give it shot.
Tried this with no luck, when I say list paired phones it says there are no phones paired
I appreciate the suggestion though.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
If you are not being asked for a PIN by the Uconnect system make sure that the phone isi n pairing mode and you can see the Uconnect as a device to be added.

If you are not getting the Uconnect to show on the phone the there is nothing to pair (or need a PIN) for.

The pin is designated by you and not needed to be remembered or anything. It is the identifyer so that the phone and Uconnect know that they belong together. How sweet.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My phone is not the issue it is an Iphone and is compatible. I put the phone in pairing mode, it finds the Uconnect system, connects, then prompts me to enter the uconnect pin into the phone. Since I do not have the pin I am unable to connect

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I feel your pain. I don't know if this procedure will reset the uconnect pin or not but it has been recommended in the past for other Commander reset functions.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?p=160311

Here's what Robby said in post #2 of the above thread:

Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Turn the key to the on (not start) position.
Leave it this way for a few minutes.
Turn key off and remove it.
Reconnect negative cable.
Start and let idle for about 5 minutes.
Go for a 15/20 minute drive at varying speeds and throttle positions.

By disconnecting the batt and key on you are taking the computer settings back to base, as if a new vehicle.
Reconnecting and driving it allows it to re-learn and adapt to your modifications.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts