Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new to the forums and was wondering if the OEM sat nav and dvd player are available as aftermarket fitment for a 2007 commander, also are they different units for Europe?-if not can someone suggest a system to install(satnav+roof mounted DVD player) thanks,

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
Fallen Angel said:
Hi all, I'm new to the forums and was wondering if the OEM sat nav and dvd player are available as aftermarket fitment for a 2007 commander
Yes, they are.

Fallen Angel said:
, also are they different units for Europe?-if not can someone suggest a system to install(satnav+roof mounted DVD player) thanks,
Yes, the European units are different from the North American units. Where are you located ? Also, tell us about your Commander and post some pics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeep,
I live in Wales-part of the UK.My commander didn't have sat nav or DVD option fitted-but I'm hoping to fit a DVD player to keep the Kids happy on road trips :)
any information on fitting a games console would be appreciated as we have a few Playstations and Xboxes knocking around -I'll post pics when I figure out how to use the forum properly :)

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
Thanks Jeep,
I live in Wales-part of the UK.My commander didn't have sat nav or DVD option fitted-but I'm hoping to fit a DVD player to keep the Kids happy on road trips :)
any information on fitting a games console would be appreciated as we have a few Playstations and Xboxes knocking around -I'll post pics when I figure out how to use the forum properly :)
Your best bet may be an aftermarket unit. They usually are cheaper and have more features than the OEM unit.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are aftermarket DVD units that mount in the headrests. It would probably an easier installation than trying to mount one on the roof. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I have a Kenwood unit with satellite/DVD/Nav. I added a PS2 because there are extra input connections on the unit. I put a 12v converter under the front passenger seat.
You can put flat screens in the back of the head rests.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would concur that an aftermarket unit could be your best option. If DVD/entertainment is your primary goal, you may even consider a stand-alone player and forgo the headache of modding the dash. Personally, I found the overhead monitor installation (with the skylights) to be pretty simple, and definitely one of my best investments for roadtrips with kids. There's a few pics of the monitor-mounting job in my Facebook link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts