Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 XK Limited has a Nav system but it is an early production version without the 3 pin plug for a backup camera. If I can find a 07-10 XK with a working Nav and backup camera, will it be a direct fit into my 06?

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
An '07 REC NAV unit will be exactly like the '06 REC NAV unit. '08 - '10 RER MyGIG units will require an electronic adapter in order to work in an '06 or '07 Commander. Here is where to get the MyGIG Lockpick Pro adapter---> http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG_ADAPTER.htm
You will also need an adapter(bezel) for it to fit the dash. See this thread for a MyGIG install in an '06. Unfortunately the photos are no longer there (thanks Photobucket:cursin:)
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/10-electronics-nav-discussion/14168-mygig-06-a-7.html.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My 06 XK Limited has a Nav system but it is an early production version without the 3 pin plug for a backup camera. If I can find a 07-10 XK with a working Nav and backup camera, will it be a direct fit into my 06?
How'd this end up for you? I assume your original system didn't have a backup camera, which meant your lift gate handle didn't have a camera slot. Did you replace it or mount the camera elsewhere?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How'd this end up for you? I assume your original system didn't have a backup camera, which meant your lift gate handle didn't have a camera slot. Did you replace it or mount the camera elsewhere?
No action yet. Wanted to know what to shop for. So far, I have found that ther 07 REC radio/nav systems are easy to find on eBay but cost over $500. That is more than I am willing to pay since I would need to spend some more for the camera.. Since the OEM Nav maps are very out of date even with the update disks, I rely on my Garmin for Nav. I can get a wireless backup camera that connects to my Garmin for around $150, I suspect I will go that route instead of trying to get a stock radio solution.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ah ok. Yeah mine has an aftermarket single din with no backup camera. I'm wanting to put in a double with nav and a backup camera. No OEM slot in my current liftgate handle though. I found some REC units on eBay for under $300

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah ok. Yeah mine has an aftermarket single din with no backup camera. I'm wanting to put in a double with nav and a backup camera. No OEM slot in my current liftgate handle though. I found some REC units on eBay for under $300
Make sure the REC unit is the 07 model vs the 06 model. The 06 does not have the 3 pin camera connector on the back. Otherwise, they are the same. Also, I think you may need a new dash because the REC has a different mount from yours. If you succeed, post your results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts