Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've fitted this reverse camera which is also linked to the VES unit for video both front and rear.

The monitor is fitted to the mirror housing which is spring clipped to the roof. I removed the mirror, reversed the housing in the spring clip and screwed the mirror to the back. (all can go back to OEM easily).

The camera is in a housing I made from odd bits I had laying around and I will make a better housing soon!!

The car in the picture is approx 2 feet from my bumper. I can see my 2 year olds head on the screen when he is touching the rear bumper.

I am fitting a second camera to the back of my caravan to link into the screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
That is neat!! Is it legal?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CrzCajun said:
That is neat!! Is it legal?
Cheer's, it is legal to use the rear view camera but the video link must only work when the vehicle is stationary ie linked to handbrake warning light. I have five kids in the car most of the time so rear visibility through the mirror was zero.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
From what I remember, most laws for mirrors are for a number of 2. I would double check, but I think as long as you leave the side mirrors, you are in the clear.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I know every country is different but cargo vans (U-Haul trucks) and motorhomes do not have a rear view mirror so I would not think this would be a big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts