Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Revtek Lift, and will be installing it this weekend if I can get my bud to free up his garage. I will try and post pics as soon as i am able to get it done.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Install is done!!! Whew!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Looks like a leveling lift. Did you get pics of it torn down? I went to the Revtek site, but it's hard to tell how the front end is lifted. Spring spacer or strut spacer? Rear looked simple enough. How long did it take?

Forgot the most important thing..It looks great!!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 2" level kit. will post pics of it up close. Didn't do the photos of progress like i wanted to due to being 1 guy short to operate camera while me and my bud wrestled with it.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pic of the kit layout (from RevTek's instructions)

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
So, now that you've been on the Revtek kit for a few weeks, how do you like it? This is the kit that I was originally looking at. Any ride quality issues, or pretty much the same as stock? Did you keep everything else from the stock suspension?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So far so good. I kinda wish I still had a slight stance to the XK but, I have used the Daystar (on my previous XK which seemed lower then the Revtek) and now the Revtek. No quality loss in drive, the vehicle does handle a tad differently due to change of center of gravity.

Overall I am quite happy and trying to scrap the $ together for tires and trying to decide on wheels or spacers.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hard Choice, main reason why I went RevTek was a local guy was selling it for a good price. Plus its expensive to have things shipped here.

Thanks for the complement! :D
D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why does the revtek kit not need shocks and what is the difference (leveling kit?) between RR and revtek kits? Thanks

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The RR kit is .25" highier, so I would assume your at the point where your shock travel becomes a possible issue and new shocks are recommended.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts