Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I crank up it has really been revving. RPM's up & down on the needle. It's been doing it a while, sometimes worse than others. I haven't been driving it as much either. Went to get a service a while back & tech put computer on it, said either master cylinder or header, can't remember which.

Said it could need a tune up, could need spark plugs, or worse. Can't remember what the code was either. Seems like it is struggling some on hills & mpg don't seem as good. Air filter is good but kind of sounds like it's breathing hard.

The tech felt the vibration while idling. Let me know what you think. Thanks

'06 4.7 4x4

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Tell us some history miles on OD When was last spark change? Master cylinder would not effect running, just stopping, do the key dance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mileage. Is 188,000. Plugs were changed two years ago. Over the past two years I moved to the location worked so I literally might have only driven it lightly twice a week. It was vibrating some before then. I admit I overlooked it and I've been negligent. I am not mechanically sensible at all, but I'm trying to learn.

Back to the diagnosis, just hit me that he had called the code a "blank" misfire. Can't remember if it was master cylinder or multiple cylinder misfire. That seems close. It's due an oil change & I'll have them hook it up again. Everything else was fine hey said, back in Spring. Thanks for the quick reply! Very appreciative here.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Take a pen and paper with you and do the key dance. You can do the key dance (turn your key on and off 3 times without starting the car and look for codes. Write down any that you see and ley us know.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Its the throttle position censor most likely change that out and you should be good as new.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DTC REPORT
P 0456
P 0300

Also, it seems like I have to get on the accelerator more as if it's losing power. And gas mileage seems to be slipping a little. Would either of these codes cause this? Thanks again!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Googled it. The 0300 code is gonna be the biggie. It covers most of what I complained about. Anyone had this?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone had the cylinder misfire code (0300) repaired? Just wondering what the most likely fix/solution is. Also wonder how much difference it will make.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts