Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i know a few of you have rhino lined and or rock guarded fender flares, can you guys please post pics for me?

I have some trail rash on my flares and was thinking of rock guarding them...

I have a dark khaki commander so some pics of commander with dark khaki would really help but all pics are welcome

Thanks guys...long live JC.com

·
2,248 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
The link above is to the thread about how I did it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks yea I think I will start with the fender flares since I can just take them off.. Well that is if the autoshop on post has bedliner because I dont know how to say bedliner in german...

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
I need to do the side of the body where I removed the plastic rocker panels.

·
1,993 Posts
I followed Huey's steps for doing mine as well and they came out pretty nice.
1. Washed the XK real good.
2. Taped of and covered all parts not being painted.
3. Cleaned with mineral spirits.
4. Sanded the area mostly with steel wool.
5. Cleaned again with mineral spirits
6. Primed the area light coat let dry
7. Primed a second time let dry
8. Sprayed bed liner on light coat try to avoid runs let dry
9. Final coat of bed liner if this coat don't cover don't worry just go light and let it dry and put another coat on. If you force the coverage you will get runs in the liner.

Fixing runs: My first paint run I let dry sanded down and repainted it worked but a lot of work. My second run using a towel already covered in paint I dabbed at the run blending it in which since were talking textured paint was pretty easy to do. Ok now some pics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hahaha SAL yours is the first one I seen... I had this idea for awhile but didnt know how it would look. Im interested in what it will look like on my silver one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts