Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has sprayed rhino liner on any part of their Commander. I've always had an interest in adding rhino liner to the body of my Jeep for protection and am wondering if anyone has done it themselves.

·
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty dang sweet Huey! I love the idea of being protected from scratches and minor dings. Plus it looks rugged...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys,
Thought I would chime in...I've been wanting to rhino line my bumpers as well, but my commander is blue, and I am not sure about black bumpers. I found some jeep guys that used something called raptor liner. I guess you can tint it to match your color. Seems like a pretty sweet idea. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
IMO the Rhino Liners are not that good of a product. I know to many guys that have them in thier truck beds and they have distroyed the liner. The best liner that I know of is Line-X, the rhino liner and Line-X are different compounds. Rhino is softer and more rubber like where the Line-X is harder. Line-X has a lifetime warranty but I am not sure about the Rhino. I think that they all can be tinted to match the paint color now. There is a guy out here in GA that dirves a FJ and has had the entire car sprayed with a red bed liner finish it looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hey guys,
Thought I would chime in...I've been wanting to rhino line my bumpers as well, but my commander is blue, and I am not sure about black bumpers. I found some jeep guys that used something called raptor liner. I guess you can tint it to match your color. Seems like a pretty sweet idea. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks.
Raptor Liner is crap. Its what I call OTC ( over the counter ) product, something anyone off the street can buy. It is thin and rubbery. It is packaged in several quart size bottles and a can of catalyst. You simply pour catalyst in one of the quarts and spray with the supplied gun. I had to do a tailgate at work , the back side only. I used a whole quart just to get a decent 2 coats on, youre not even supposed to spray 2 back - to -back coats but it is just way to thin. I would use Line X if I needed any work done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the Rust-o-leum be liner on my XJ on the front and rear bumpers and on the lower portions of all of the doors and rockers. It went on easy (used the roller) and it worked well. I plan on using it on the XK when the time comes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Raptor Liner is crap. Its what I call OTC ( over the counter ) product, something anyone off the street can buy. It is thin and rubbery. It is packaged in several quart size bottles and a can of catalyst. You simply pour catalyst in one of the quarts and spray with the supplied gun. I had to do a tailgate at work , the back side only. I used a whole quart just to get a decent 2 coats on, youre not even supposed to spray 2 back - to -back coats but it is just way to thin. I would use Line X if I needed any work done.
Is it crap because it is too thin, or crap because it did not last?

If it is thin, but will last, I'd be fine with it. I used an over the counter roll in type for my dad's YJ. It was thin, but held up. Just did not look as good as the spray in.

This guy sprayed the interior of his JK with the color-matched spray and it turned out well. But I'm still curious as to how well/long it lasts.

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?157693-Spray-in-Liner-UPOL-Raptor-Tintable-Deep-Water-Blue&highlight=raptor

Here is another:
http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?135535-this-is-my-bed-liner-write-up.&highlight=raptor+liner

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes, Line-x is the best but pretty pricey depending on where you go. If you're not rubbing you XK up against rocks you should be fine with the less expensive products.

I was thinking about taking out the wheel well liners and using the roll on stuff as a precautionary measure against rust from forming. I notice while washing my XK a lot of crap gets stuck between the liners and the body. I'd probably end up coating the rockers in liner and putting the factory cover back on.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
At one time I had thought about getting the entire interior of the XK done up with Line-X but have since changed my mind. Really no point in doing it. If I owned a JK it would definately be done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts