Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My brother thought he would be cool and take my jeep out for a spin. While backing out of the garage, he wrecked the passenger side mirror. I wanted to know if anyone knew somewhere where I could get the Mopar mirror with heat w/o having to pay the dealer's price. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
ebay

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Correct, you can tell someone to check eBay (I would hope they could do that without being told) but you cannot post links to eBay.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Can't post ebay sales anymore! Jeep5253 got some posts pulled last week by '49er. Something about new rules.
I don't see the point of that rule. How about one of the Mods or Admins explaining the reasoning behind that.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My take on the "no ebay posts" rule is ... it's meant ONLY if you post on top of somoene elses for-sale-post

For example if someone posts >>
"Mirror for sale for $100"

and the next guy posts >>
"Link to ebay ... they are only $20 there"

... than that's not allowed

But ... if you just post "check ebay" ... or if you have an aution on ebay yourself you could post a new thread about it .. then that should be OK.

Anyway that was my take on the new rule and it's fairly common on other sites in that context ... Hopefully that's the intent?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
My take on the "no ebay posts" rule is ... it's meant ONLY if you post on top of somoene elses for-sale-post

For example if someone posts >>
"Mirror for sale for $100"

and the next guy posts >>
"Link to ebay ... they are only $20 there"

... than that's not allowed

But ... if you just post "check ebay" ... or if you have an aution on ebay yourself you could post a new thread about it .. then that should be OK.

Anyway that was my take on the new rule and it's fairly common on other sites in that context ... Hopefully that's the intent?
You nailed it! Everyone knows what eBay is, they can do their own search if they are looking for something, we do not need the links in the threads. If members want to PM the link they are free to do so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts