Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
My brand new JC is currently in the auto electricians having a Mopar remote start added. They have been 2 days fitting it, got to the penultimate bit and the darn thing is not talking to the key fobs..don't expect you to know the technical answer, really looking if you could give me the numbers of any professional car technical guys who fit this stuff all the time in order for my tech guys to hook up with them. They feel it is the usual something silly that have overlooked..just would really speed things up if any of you knew of any experts on mopar remote starts they could talk to. They have tried mopar I believe but are getting no answer. Cheers guys if you can help...:(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ignore this thread...just had a bad call from tech guy, having spoken at length with Jeep it appears this mopar kit is not right for the UK spec, XK over there, XH in the UK??? turns out because the UK security spec is so high the systems are not compatible and in fact can 'fry the brains' of the central unit! They are immediately taking it all off as they do not want the risk of anything happening. So..if anybody wants to buy a brand new mopar remote start kit sort of unused let me know!!!! Life's a bitch..

·
Registered
72 Posts
One of the first things I was going to have installed was the remote start until I read in the owner's manual that this was not advised because of the smart keys that come with the Commander.

But when we went to our local dealership, the parts manager, whom my husband has become very friendly with since he bought his Wrangler :rolleyes: , showed me the catalog for my Commander and they have the remote start kit with a module for it so it will work with the keys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, sorry are you in the UK or US? I guess the US, well I guess I might get a few replies about this, I have emailed Autotrucktoys and advised them the situation, eg, they should say 'for US market only,' and also they dont ask about diesel which was another problem...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts