Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Jim,

I think any Jeep dealer is obligated to work on your Commander -- are you anticipating more work than the first oil change at that time?

I took my truck into the dealer for its 3000 mile check the other day -- $26.95 for oil/lube job was all that was required.

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
136 Posts
A small consolation price for that terrible mileage (230 miles max on a tank) is the fact I got 5 year 60,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty (vs std 3/36) plus free 2 year 24,000 service (OK this is not such a big deal there - a few oil changes) but it is pleasant anyway. This program is called Miles of Freedom. In order to get 5/60, I had to borrow money from Jeep at 5.9%, so I borrowed 10K. Once you do it the Chrysler gives you back $2340 back in cash in a form of the debit card. It is real cash except you have to pay sales tax on it upfront.

·
Registered
50 Posts
mikey said:
A small consolation price for that terrible mileage (230 miles max on a tank) is the fact I got 5 year 60,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty (vs std 3/36) plus free 2 year 24,000 service (OK this is not such a big deal there - a few oil changes) but it is pleasant anyway. This program is called Miles of Freedom. In order to get 5/60, I had to borrow money from Jeep at 5.9%, so I borrowed 10K. Once you do it the Chrysler gives you back $2340 back in cash in a form of the debit card. It is real cash except you have to pay sales tax on it upfront.
You had to borrow to get Miles of Freedom? Maybe Jeep had different rules depending on the state of purchase but that is news to me as I borrowed nothing from Jeep and still got the program. I got my cash card in the mail on Friday, now I have to figure out what to do with my newfound wealth:) :p

And one more thing to consider, if you run out of gas due to the small tanls/ but mileage combo you also have free towing for the duration of your warranty (3/36 only, not the 5/60 Mile of Freedom).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Jim,
Convienently here in Arizona we have many Jeep dealerships that will take care of you and your Jeep. Your warranty can be handeled by any factory authorized facility.

If you are going to be around the Phoenix Metro area, you are easily within 10-25 miles of a Jeep dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.