Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new jeep and am considering purchasing a commander and am researching lifts and had a few questions about the Rock Krawler 3.5 x Factor and was wondering

Do you get a full 3.5 of lift?
The ride quality of lift?
Size tires people are running with this lift?

Thanks for any info JP

·
Registered
40 Posts
This rock krawler place is about 5 miles from my house right near my fathers bar. I drive by it all the time and see all the crazy stuff they have out there. Lifted hummers, Lifted cherokees new and old, A huge f-350 and a huge silverado all just hanging out. Also a bunch of older wranglers. I asked them if they had anything new and bigger coming out for the commanders and they said there working on a 6 inch lift for early 2009.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
From the ad listed above:
This is the best 3.5 Inch system on the market for Commander XK’s and is backed by our lifetime guarentee.
As far as I know this is the ONLY 3.5 Inch system!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im waiting for them to put on there website that there looking for local jeeps to do stuff to for free. Im waiting till i see that post for the 6 inch lift kit and im going there imidiately. Free lift kit with all options? i think so.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
lumberjim said:
anyone want to buy a gently used 2.5 inch rock road lift cheap?
VA_06XK is looking for one. Send him a PM!!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I don't think I've heard of any members with the 3.5" lift. There are a few in here with the 4" Superlift.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
As stated a million times before that 3.5 inch lift is going to add to much stress to the drivline. Anything more then a 2.5-3 inch lift really requires drop down brackets to keep the driveline angles correct. There is a reason why the superlift and BDS kit cost so much. Good luch replacing ball joints, tie rod end, CV's and other misc. driveline parts ever few thousand miles!

·
Registered
130 Posts
07JeepXK said:
As stated a million times before that 3.5 inch lift is going to add to much stress to the drivline. Anything more then a 2.5-3 inch lift really requires drop down brackets to keep the driveline angles correct. There is a reason why the superlift and BDS kit cost so much. Good luch replacing ball joints, tie rod end, CV's and other misc. driveline parts ever few thousand miles!
If i was concidering the 3.5 lift, would you recommend I buy better ball joints, tie rod end, CV's and other misc with it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Do you guys think this would affect the ESP at all? Hell of a price for 3.5"!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
07JeepXK said:
I agree, if you are going to be using this kit for offroading then these components (ball joints,cv,ect) are not going to handle it. If you just looking to have a better stance and just drive around town then the 3.5 kit will probably be OK but just OK

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Do you guys think this would affect the ESP at all? Hell of a price for 3.5"!
I guarantee that the 3.5 inch lift will cause problems with the ESP. However knowing that its only a half inch lower then the Super Lift kit im sure you can buy their programmer and use that to eliminate ESP problems. However id be more worried about the ball joints, tie rods and cv alxes. Phunkeydude says that they are comming out with better ball joints and im sure you can probablly get some JKS adjustable sway bar end links (quick disconnects) to help out with that problem. See if you can find better/stroger cv axles. But in the end after buying all of that youd be better off buying the superlift which has drop down brackets for the front suspension to maintain stock geometry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts